Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What is this Blog about?

Since I began studying environmental policy at Indiana University in 1999, I have had a strong interest in the environment. Since I was a young child music has been important to me and influenced many of the greatest moments of my life. In 2002 I was fortunate enough to work for Clean Vibes for 12 days at the first Bonnaroo, which connected both of my passions, music and the environment. This blog is dedicated to music fans that want to share their experiences of trying to experience live music in an environmentally friendly way and to learn how to reduce the environmental impact of our music listening experience.

Topics I hope to write about include:
  • How do I recycle all of my old bootleg tapes?
  • How do I recycle all of my old CD's that I loaded onto iTunes?
  • What are some green touring initiatives such as those recently undertaken by Umphreys Mcgee and those in the past such as Clean Vibes and Phish Green Crew?
  • What are the environmental impacts of tapes, cd's, dvd's, electronics and the like that all of us music lovers from time to time need to recycle?
  • Individual show, festival, and artist's reviews and observations on the connection between the environment and music.
  • How will climate change affect our favorite venues (i.e. Isn't Jones Beach right on the water?)
  • How will increasing energy prices affect ticket prices?
  • Do any venues recycle my beer bottles?
  • Does anyone in the "lot" (on shakedown) sell organic food?

No comments: